From the Website of Williamsburg Farmers Market
Mission Statement from the site of Williamsburg Farmers Market
To sustain, foster, and operate a weekly Williamsburg Farmers Market in Merchants Square for growers and producers primarily of Eastern Virginia featuring fresh seasonal food and farm products for sale directly to the residents, students, businesses, and visitors in the Greater Williamsburg area.
- Provide healthy regionally produced food to all economic levels of the Williamsburg community.
- Stimulate the regional farm economy and preserve agricultural land.
- Sustain and enhance the historic role of the Williamsburg town center as a premier gathering place for markets, social, cultural, and entertainment events.
- Create a fun and educational venue to enhance community life in Williamsburg.
||Merchants Square, at 402 West Duke of Gloucester between Boundary and Henry Streets, in Williamsburg, Virginia
||Winter Markets – second Saturday of February and March
Regular season – Saturdays, March 30- October 26, 2013
Holiday Markets – third and fourth Saturday of November
– second Saturday of December
The Williamsburg Farmers Market is open :
Every Saturday April through October * 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Saturdays in March and November * 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
(see website for pre-season and holiday market schedule)
||Producers of locally grown: produce, seafood, cut flowers, organic vegetables, herbs, baked goods, pasture-raised meats, cheeses, herbal and goat’s milk soap, fresh bread, pumpkins, honey and eggs
||Tracy Herner, Market Manager
©Photos by Dr. Ellen K. Rudolph 2002